For God’s Word is solid to the core; everything he makes is sound inside and out. He loves it when everything fits, when his world is in plumb-line true. Earth is drenched in God’s affectionate satisfaction. The skies were made by God’s command; he breathed the word and the stars popped out. He scooped Sea into his jug, put Ocean in his keg. Earth-creatures, bow before God; world-dwellers—down on your knees! Here’s why: he spoke and there it was, in place the moment he said so.
Psalm 33:4-9 MSG
Psalm 33 is just one of many places in scripture that offers proof to us of God’s order and purpose at Creation. When He created the world, He did so with tremendous strategy. Nothing was out of place. Everything was exactly as He desired.
I wish that I could have such perfection in everything I do. I know that I can’t. But, I sure want to give it my best shot!
January is always an ideal month to pause, pray, strategize, and consider what steps I can take to order my life and make the most of the new year.
Here are 10 questions I am focusing in on right now:
- What steps will I take to grow in my walk with God this year?
- How much time will I commit to prayer each day this year?
- Who do I need to share Jesus with in 2017?
- How can I be a better neighbor?
- How can I be a better spouse and a better parent?
- With what area(s) of my life do I need to trust God more?
- How will I work to get my family into the Word more in 2017?
- If I could change one thing about my personality for the better, what would I change? What steps will I take to make this change?
- What one thing can I say “no” to that will free up more time in my life to spend with my family?
- How will I use the financial blessings God has given me for His glory?
I encourage you to take some time and consider these questions as you work to be the best you in 2017.